Sunday, December 6, 2009

First Snow of the Season


Well, we had our first snow this winter. It started late Saturday afternoon but did not stick until after dark. It only snowed 2-4 inches, thankfully...just enough to get us newbies acclimated.








I love how it outlines the tree branches and creates little white hats for bushes. But it is sad that from now until next spring it is going to be white and muddy everywhere. I don't think it will have a chance to completely melt before the next snowfall.


We went out Sunday morning to check out the scenery. These pics were taken at Macworth Island. You can walk all the way around the island on the the gravel trail or on the beach. I took a pic of the snow on the beach because I don't think I've ever seen snow on a beach before.



We finally wore our new coats from LL Bean. I've never felt like it was cold enough to wear until now. Mine kept me warm, but Ed's let in a draft around the neck. I guess he needs a scarf. I definitely need a better pair of boots and gloves. My hands and feet were cold.

2 comments:

April said...

Super cute pictures.
You know, that is my favorite thing about the snow too, the way it settles on everything...I love it on trees and branches.
My favorite picture was the one with the wodden stairs. And you guys look cute in your winter clothes!!!

April said...

Also, that is so crazy the snow on the beach, cool!