The past few days have felt like I have had the electric drill permanently attached to my wrist. I have installed blinds in most of the 15 windows. I can't get to the remaining ones with all of the piles in the way. I have installed 15 linear feet of wire closet shelving for our dressing room and 6 linear feet for storage in the bathroom. We only had to make 2 trips to Lowes to get it right. Ed was my handy dandy assistant as well as a great sounding board. I was so stressed I couldn't think straight sometimes. He is always there to give me support and hugs when I need them.
With the shelves installed, we can now get our clothes off of the floor and the couch and out of our luggage. Nope, we haven't even unpacked. The books are on the book shelves. And after moving things around 3 times, the kitchen is mostly put together.
We also got cable on Tuesday. We didn't have our big TV yet because the small shipment hadn't gotten there; and consequently the cable was not connected. When the TV finally arrived, Ed attempted to connect it. So many cables and cords when you factor in the stereo/DVD player and the VCR. Yes we still have a VCR and it gets used. We couldn't get any sound but we could see the picture. Neither of us could figure it out so I called for technical help, cause you know guys don't ask for directions. Well, even the tech guy couldn't figure out what was wrong so he said he would send someone out...Friday. Three more nights without TV downstairs. At least we can watch it in bed. Our first night to lay in our nice comfy bed and relax with a good TV show. Or so we thought. As I am getting ready for bed; the electricity goes out...while I am downstairs...in a new house with booby traps at every turn. I managed to find my way upstairs after Ed finds the flashlights. So I lay there in my nice comfy bed listening to Ed snore away. So much for relaxing!!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Carol, the general contractor
at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh no! I couldn't imagine stumbling around in the dark in a strange house. I love unpacking in a new house, finding a place for everything....but you also just reminded me of how stressful it can be as well. Be lucky you have such a helpful partner in Ed. Can't wait for pictures.
Post a Comment