The movers delivered our large shipment to us on Monday. There were 3 guys so it went pretty fast. Ed's job was matching the numbers from the boxes to the list and I was frantically unpacking the boxes so the movers could take them when they left. We didn't have room for them nor did we want to leave them curbside for the recycling. I got through most of the boxes and we set up the major pieces of furniture before the movers left us to deal with putting everything else away. What a huge mess. Just looking at the piles of clothes and dishes and food and linens...where do you start?! I had to make room somewhere for another 500 pounds that was delivered the next day. More clothes, dishes and food. I was so overwhelmed with this move I wanted to set the house on fire and run away!!
Some of our furniture didn't make the trip in the same condition it left Hawaii. Ed' dresser is missing a foot. Our coffee table has little nicks and scratches. And a couple of other small issues with other pieces. The packers crammed things in the boxes. Some of my hard bound books are bent!! The covers have a deep groove in them and they don't lay flat. They didn't wrap things that should have been wrapped before putting into the boxes. Just idiotic things they did. They were in a hurry to pack us so we got lots of suprizes when we opened the boxes.
On a positive note; when you move outside the continental US (and back in) they pack all of your stuff into a large crate that is sealed so it all stays together. In the past, we have had things get separated and never saw them again.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
The Movers are Here!
at 7:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I can't believe they ruined your books, and coffee table! I am gonna keep a close watch on on stuff when they pack and make sure they wrap stuff good. Geez...and there is not even any good compensation when they ruin stuff like that. Sorry...
Post a Comment